Dear all esteemed readers,
As we’re witnessing an unprecedented situation around the world, fueled by an outbreak of a disease caused by the Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus), this is the time for all of us to come together for a mass prayer.
We’ve witnessed in the past few months that more than a hundred thousand people getting affected by this viral infection and around 3,200 people (till date) have succumbed to death as well. What is more alarming here is that, this outbreak, unlike in the past, is breaching all limits of control and is posing a huge threat for mankind all over the world. To understand the graveness of the situation, this virus has made a mark into 100 countries worldwide and every government is struggling to even assess the situation. Moreover, there is currently no cure for this disease as yet, and of course, scientists and researchers worldwide are putting their best foot forward to take all possible steps to combat this fast-spreading viral infection.
Given this precarious situation through which the world is going through at the moment, what are some things that we can do? Here are my takeaways:
- Cleanliness should be our utmost priority: As mentioned in various contexts of our “Sanaathana Dharma”, we should make sure that we maintain a safe distance from another person while talking, eating, etc. We should make sure that we do not touch anyone physically for whatsoever reasons. We should make it a habit that we keep cleaning our hands, face and feet constantly and frequently. As per the government’s health department advisory, let us for the moment avoid mass gatherings at public places. This might arrest the fuel of the virus spread, as much as possible.
- Avoid travel (International & domestic) as much as possible: Again, as per the advisory given to us by the government authorities, let us avoid travelling from one place to the other as much as possible. This is because, when we travel, we are amidst lot of people, whom we do not know. Moreover, we also do not know whether these people have a medical history too. Thus, to be on the safer side, let us not undertake any travel at this moment. However, if travel is extremely necessary and unavoidable, please follow the government advisory strictly before planning any such thing. There are lot of restrictions on international travel around the world, and readers should keep a tab on the news for regular updates. There are certain countries around the world that are severely hit by the outbreak, and it is strongly advised to avoid travel to such countries.
- If we exhibit symptoms of the viral infection, we should consult a doctor immediately: This is a vital step, as we move forward. If we feel a marked deterioration in our health condition, it is better at this moment, to report to the hospital without any further delay. Some symptoms that this coronavirus can cause in our body are cold, dry cough, breathlessness and fever. If we have any of the above symptoms, we should immediately report to the nearest hospital. This would not only be helpful for us to get cured, but also, would be beneficial in a way to stop the spread of the disease to others. If detected positive for this infection, please quarantine yourself from the rest of the world as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Prayers can change anything in this world: More than all of the above steps, the best possible thing that all of us can do together is a “Mass prayer”. Let us all pray from our respective homes for the speedy recovery of the world from this deadly onslaught. Let us make it a point that we chant the “Vishnu Sahasranaama” or “Lalitha Sahasranaama” or “Danvantri Stotras” together. The more and more we chant our “Mantras”, possibilities for such outbreaks of diseases to wreak havoc are very less. Mantras do have their powers. If we chant them with full devotion towards Bhagawan, there would definitely be a change in the world towards a positive direction.
- Please, let us not circulate messages that might cause panic: Although the situation is grim at the moment, let us not make it grimmer by ringing the alarm bells. We can be confident that our health systems are able to tackle any possible outbreak of any disease. Our medical technology has grown so much that we can handle any situation at ease. Hence, just because we’re currently undergoing such a situation, let us not create a sense of panic around. Let us take it step by step and I’m sure we’re going to be out of this very soon. Our researchers, doctors and other medical staff around the world are tirelessly working 24*7 for this, and let us salute their selfless service to the world!
Hence for today, let us all pray together to Bhagawan for the benefit of the world – To bring the world out of the onslaught that this coronavirus is causing. Let us extend our heart-felt prayers to those families who have lost their near and dear ones due to this disease, and let us also to pray for a speedy recovery of those who are affected by it. Let us pray to Bhagawan for making the world a happy, peaceful and a harmonious place, devoid of any diseases in the near future. If we’re praying together, I’m sure there would be remarkable changes that we can see on ground.
With this positive thought, let us do the needful. We shall wait till the next episode to continue with the Shrimad Bhaagawatha Puraana. Stay tuned!
Let us understand that it is better to be safe than sorry!!!